Holistic Therapy at Archers Brook SEMH Residential School
Holistic Therapy treatments are available for all interested students free of charge at Archers Brook SEMH Residential School.
Holistic Therapy sessions at Archers Brook aim to provide quiet, relaxing and calming time away from the school environment to receive relaxation treatments to help de-stress and fulfil a positive sense of wellbeing.
Holistic Therapy appointments are available Monday to Friday and Students receive one Holistic Therapy appointment a week. The session lasts 45 minutes, this includes 30 minutes’ treatment time, 10 minutes for the student to relax and have refreshments and 5 minutes to travel to and from classes.
Weekly session times are planned around the individual pupils timetabled lessons and discussed with Form Tutor/Teaching Assistant to ensure all parties are happy with scheduled appointment times.
Holistic Therapy Treatments available include:
- Indian head massage (with pressure point massage on the face, scalp and shoulders)
- Upper back, neck and shoulder massage (light or medium pressure. Firm and Deep Tissue are not available)
- Aromatherapy (massage oil and also by Aromatherapy diffuser in the room)
- Warm Stone Therapy
- Sound Therapy
- Crystal Healing Therapy
ALL THERAPIES ARE PERFORMED OVER SCHOOL UNIFORM, NO OIL IS USED.
At Archers Brook the main aims of providing a Holistic Therapy service to the students include:
- Providing a safe, relaxing and calming environment for the student to relax
- Providing treatments that may help ease any physical stress (Migraines, Headaches, muscular tension, muscular aches and pains, Eczema, Psoriasis)
- Providing treatments that may help ease non-physical stress such as, Depression, anxiety, fatigue, anger and stress.
- Providing a positive client and therapist professional rapport
- Helping anxious or nervous students that may have social difficulties become relaxed and at ease with receiving therapeutic touch
- Improve individual mental health and wellbeing
Students are welcomed to meet our Holistic Therapist to ask any questions about the treatments available and to have a look around and become familiar with the therapy area before they start attending treatments regularly.
All treatments are discussed with the pupil and a consultation form is discussed and planned before sessions to ensure the student feels relaxed and comfortable during treatments.
Treatments are carried out in a calm and quiet environment away from school on a one on one basis in the therapy area of the school. The therapy area has a shared kitchen that offers the choice of refreshments before or after therapy sessions.
Holistic Therapy treatments can be carried out with most medical/health conditions, however there are some conditions that would make Holistic therapy unsuitable for a student to receive. Please contact the school or see the 'Contra Indications' section on this webpage for further information.
We encourage Parents/Guardians/Carers to return the permission forms as soon as they can to avoid disappointment as places fill up very quickly.
All students must have a completed and signed permission slip by a Parent/Guardian/Carer returned to the school before any Holistic treatments can take place.
Throughout the school year it will be reviewed if Holistic Therapy sessions are still suitable for the student, if we feel it is not suitable for the student it is possible that the student may have a short break from receiving treatments or stop having access to the Holistic Therapy service completely.
The feedback the Holistic Therapy service receives from the students is very positive and is an excellent service for the students to enjoy and access in school which works positively and successfully alongside other additional support services.
Please feel free to contact the school with any further questions.