Welcome to Holistic Therapy at Archers Brook SEMH Residential School.
Holistic Therapy treatments are available for all interested students free of charge at Archers Brook SEMH Residential School.
Holistic Therapy sessions at Archers Brook aim to provide quiet, relaxing and calming time away from the school enviroment to receive relaxation treatments to help de-stress and fulfil a positive sense of well being.
Students receive one Holistic Therapy appointment a week. The session lasts 50 minutes, this includes 35 minutes treatment time, 10 minutes for the student to relax and have refreshments and 5 minutes to travel to and from classes.
Holistic Therapy appointments are availible Monday-Friday.
Weekly session times are planned around the individual pupils timetabled lessons and discussed with form tutor/teaching assistant to ensure all parties are happy with schelduled appointment times.
Holistic therapy Treatments available:
- Indian head massage (with pressure point massage on the face,scalp and shoulders)
- Upper back ,neck and shoulder massage (light or medium pressure. Firm and Deep Tissue are not availible)
- Aromatherapy (massage oil and also by Aromatherapy diffuser in the room)
- Warm Stone Therapy
A spare cotton t-shirt will be provided free of charge and kept in the therapy area for any pupils not wanting to have treatments in their school top (Please be aware that oil from the treatments may get on to the school uniform)
Students must come into school and return to lessons in normal school uniform on the day of their treatments.
At Archers Brook the main aims of providing a Holistic Therapy service to the students include:
- Providing a safe, relaxing and calming enviroment for the student to relax
- Providing treatments that may help ease any physical stress (Migraines, Headaches, muscular tension , muscular aches and pains, Eczema, Psoriasis)
- Providing treatments that may help ease non physical stress (Depression,anxiety,fatigue,anger, stress)
- Providing a positive client and therapist proffesional repport
- Helping anxious or nervous students that may have social difficulties become relaxed and at ease with recieving therapeutic touch
- Improve indivual mental health and wellbeing
Students are welcomed to meet myself to ask any questions about Holistic Therapy treatments and to have a look around and become familar with the therapy area before they start attending treatments reguarly.
All treatments are discussed with the student and a consulataion form is discussed and made each session to ensure the student feels relaxed and comfortable during treatments.
Treatments are carried out in a calm and quiet enviroment away from school on a one on one basis in the therapy area of the school. The therapy area has a shared kitchen that offers the choice of refreshments before or after therapy sessions.
Holistic Therapy treatments can be carried out with most medical/health conditons, however there are a few conditons that would make Holistic therapy unsuitable for a student to receive.
Please contact the school or see the 'Contra Indications' section on this webpage for further information.
All students must have a completed and signed permission slip by a Parent/Guardian/Carer returned to the school before any Holistic treatments can take place.
We encourage Parents/Guardians/Carers to return the permission forms as soon as they can to avoid disapointment as places fill up very quickly.
Throughtout the school year it will be reviewed if Holistic Therapy sessions are still suitable for the student, if we feel it is not suitable for the student it is possible that the student may have a short break from recieving treatments or stop having access to the Holistic Therapy service completely.
The feedback the Holistic Therapy service receives from the students is very positive and is an excellent service for the students to enjoy and access in school which works positively and successfully alongside other addiotional support services.
Please feel free to contact the school with any further questions